Terms and Conditions
These terms are subject to revision from time to time, so please check them regularly to make yourself aware of any changes.
The term ‘C&J Home Scotland’ or ‘us or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 39 Cleuch Road, North Middleton, Gorebridge, Midlothian. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
By ordering from this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. By placing an order with us, you are making an offer to C&J Home Scotland to purchase the goods described in the order under these terms. Prices and availability may be subject to change without notice.
If you are using a voucher code, please note that only one code may be used per order. Codes are invalid after their expiry date. No cash equivalent will be given under any circumstances.
C&J Home Scotland is not currently registered for VAT. Our invoices do not contain a VAT element and should not be used as VAT invoices. We will register for VAT as and when necessary, but will strive to ensure that this is done without passing on any additional costs to our customers.
Orders will be dispatched by Royal Mail First Class post as soon as practicable, normally within two working days of the order date. Please contact us if your order has not arrived within five working days and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
Please inspect the goods carefully on arrival and inform us as soon as possible if any damage is evident. A refund or replacement will normally be offered. We may ask for photographic evidence of the damage. Please note that you should under no circumstances attempt to use the goods if they are damaged, due to the potential for personal injury or consequential damage. We will not be held liable for any injury or losses under these circumstances.
CONFORMITY OF GOODS
We take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products are correct at the time of going to press. However, specifications and descriptions of products on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products. Furthermore, while the colour reproduction of the products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used to view the products.
C&J Home Scotland will exercise every reasonable effort to meet the requested despatch date. We shall not, however, be liable for any loss or damage due to delays or failure to ship resulting from any cause beyond its reasonable control, such as but not limited to compliance with laws or regulations, acts of God, acts or omissions of the Purchaser, acts of civil or military authority, judicial action, defaults of sub-contractors or suppliers, labour disputes, failure or delays in transportation, embargoes, wars or riots.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order for any reason, then you may return it for a refund. To do this you must inform us in writing within seven days of receipt of the order and promptly return the unused goods to us in their original packaging at your own expense. The refund will be authorised by us on receipt of the returned goods.
SAFE USE OF GOODS
We will not be held liable for any injury or damages caused directly or indirectly from improper or unsafe use of goods supplied by us. Please pay close attention to the instructions supplied with our candles. We strongly recommend that you make yourself aware of the UK Fire Service’s advice on safe use of candles, available at http://www.fireservice.co.uk/safety/candles .
As a part-time cottage industry, we will occasionally need to suspend trading temporarily for family holidays. We will give advance notice and attempt to minimise the disruption caused.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
C&J Home Scotland
39 Cleuch Road
Tel: 01875 823650
McAllister, Ryan, Pemberton and Pemberton trading as C&J Home Scotland